Friday

birds and other critters


Hello Beautiful People!
I'm back with another update on the card deck. As of this writing, I'm exactly at $10k, so it really feels like we're coming down the homestretch in these remaining 17 days. Thanks again to everyone who has passed on my updates or link to their card-loving friends! 
Thank you so much to everyone who wrote to me with their bird suggestions for that last card. Ideas included Western Tanager, Christmas Robin, Woodpecker, Canary, Blue Footed Booby (oooh, so tempting!!!) Bald Eagle, Sea Eagle, Christmas Robin, Bluetit, Phoenix, Cardinal, Steller's Jay, Mallard and Turkey. I'd love to do an all-bird deck, but the matter at hand is to choose one. I decided to go with the Cardinal because of its unique head feathers, and also to add a spot of red to the deck. 

I've already made a few adjustments to my original cast of characters for the Club cards featuring imaginary animals. After revisiting the group, I decided that the three-headed dog wasn't going to look very good crammed into that tiny card form, King Kong is too linked to a copyright, and the Griffin might be too serious. I decided to replace them with a Dalecarlian Horse and Anubis, the Egyptian dog. But I still need one more. What do you think? Should I go with the Griffin? Or do you have a better idea? I'd love to find another character who perfectly fits this group. Please comment on this post if you have thoughts on this, and keep in mind that I have to actually be able to make it out of wood!  
I posted more technical information about the potential of Bicycle branding and the card finish on my recent Kickstarter update. If you're interested, click here.
Thanks again to everyone who has pledged and helped me meet my goal! Don't forget, if you want more than one card deck with your rewards, you can add $10 per deck to the pledge. Likewise with 8x10 prints ($15 each) and uncut sheets ($35 each.) This offer is only limited to this Kickstarter campaign, which ends in 17 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment