Sunday

imagination is more important than knowledge

Hello Beautiful People! 
I'm soooooooooooo excited to show you what I've been working on this week and, as with the spade birds before, will release the figures for the club cards in three chunks. This section is so much fun, delving into the history of each piece has been a blast, especially with your suggestions. I still haven't made my final decision on the 13th card, so I hope you'll give me a few more days to ponder all the possibilities. Seriously, I could do an entire deck of imaginary animals....and maybe I should create a variant deck in the future.


 I'll start off with the Anubis, the Egyptian dog god. Okay, technically, the Anubis is a Jackal, but as a dog person, I'll just simplify it to the general category of canine. 


Not to disappoint the cat lovers in our midst, here is Maneki Neko, our favorite greeter when we dine on sushi. I wish I had a photo to share with you of the year I went as this for a costume event in Portland, but, alas, no dice. For the card deck, I made this figure and changed the characters on the coin to refer back to one of the common heart motifs from the classic Bicycle Rider deck. 


Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my call for suggestions for this suit! A few of you suggested the Loch Ness Monster, and I assure you, Nessie is still part of the deck! Here's my vision of her as a party girl. 


And, last, but certainly not least, I present the piñata donkey!  




As a reminder, you can own any one of these figures by pledging at the $275 level. At the time of this posting, there are only 9 people who have chosen this level, which will allow people to choose the original figures made for this card deck in chronological order, starting with the earliest pledge. The odds are still pretty good that you will get the figure you love the most, and I can guarantee you that the prices for most of these figures will increase after this Kickstarter campaign. Of course, you can also choose to get an 8x10 print of your favorite card by adding $15 to your pledge. Thank you so much to everyone who has backed this campaign so far! I crossed over today into a new milestone: less than $2k to raise to make this project happen in the next two weeks. 
****Please note that these are photos I've taken myself to show you the figures. I plan to have each piece professionally photographed for the card deck and each card will have a white background, similar to the whale and snowy owl cards shown in the video for this project.****
Thanks to everyone who has supported this project and to those who have helped me promote the project by forwarding these updates and sharing on social media. I'll be back in a few days to dazzle you with a few more of the club critters!
take care,
Hilary
ps. And now, your moment of Zen, courtesy of my cousin Tripper Dungan:

No comments:

Post a Comment