Sunday

Pearl Anniversary


I had a really special special order this spring--a request to do a set of cake toppers to commemorate a couple's 30th wedding anniversary. The customer is the sister of the actual couple, so it was a surprise gift for the party that would be held to celebrate this milestone. Since this is the "pearl anniversary," there was a desire to somehow incorporate pearls into the figures. I was sent these fantastic photos from the couple's original wedding to model the figures after.

My favorite elements were the beautiful headdress that the bride was wearing, and the hip brown trim on the groom's white tux, After doing a drawing for the customer, we agreed on some basics and I got to work. Below is the table display at the anniversary party--I love how the toppers were shown right next to that photo. Nice touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment