Saturday

another gator commission

Last week I had one of the most challenging commissions ever--a bride-to-be, Kari, saw the Florida Gators + UCF Knights wedding cake toppers I made last spring, and wanted her own version for the groom's cake. Her hubby-to-be, Andrew, is not only a University of Florida alum, but also a fan of Coldplay and the video game Halo, and she wanted to surprise him with a custom cake topper that encompassed all three of those interests.

After several discussions of how to visually interpret that without logos, she sent me this drawing she did of the piece she wanted. The final outcome really made me happy--hope he loves it too!



Kari works for a bridal boutique in Gainesville, Florida so she's well versed on how to put on the best wedding ever. She even has her own wedding blog that chronicles all of the things that have gone into her own preparations. I love it when people share their experiences this way and loved finding out a little more about the person behind this crazy commission. Click here to read her blog Kee to Your Heart.

Before I go, I have to share this great wedding invitation video that Kari posted on her blog. Super cute!

Stay tuned for more limerick contest entries!

1 comment:

  1. Loved these. She is actually my bridal consultant, and when I showed her the cake toppers you made us, she was hooked! I just blogged about her wedding on my blog and there is a super cute picture of the cake toppers you made for her. check it out!

    www.gatorbride.com

    ReplyDelete