Sunday

G is for....

Hello Beautiful People!
I'm back with another character on this crisp Sunday morning, but first things first--I am excited to finally announce the venue for showing the original artwork and officially launch Alphabird to the world!  The Portland (Oregon) Audubon Society has a wonderful event called the Wild Arts Festival on November 21 and 22.  I'll be holding court there that weekend in conjunction with my alma mater Oregon College of Art and Craft. Click here for more details on the 2015 Wild Arts Festival.
Now on to our next bird--the Goose! 

G is for Gabby
who announced fall migration
by banging her gong
with ecstatic elation
G! A Goose who's Gotta Get Going!
I really wanted to pick the Canadian Goose for this one, but was too attached to the idea of the aviator hat and felt that the simple white goose was more appropriate. 

 And here's our finished gong-playing goose:

 This detail shows the stitching pattern I painted on that aviators cap. There's also a subtle white wing pattern painted on the bird, a feature that will pop when I have these professionally photographed.

 So, as always, I found a video to accompany this update. It's still breakfast/brunch hour as I write this, so be warned that if you're eating while reading this, especially eggs, you might want to hold off until your meal is done. That said, this footage of a goose laying an egg is pretty interesting to this (mostly) city girl. 
Take care,
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment