Friday

B is for....

Hey Beautiful People!
It's time for my second update for Catabet to introduce you to our B character! 

I was about halfway into writing the text before I came up with the idea to name all the characters after fashion icons, and this was the original name that was hardest to give up--Bartholemew. I loved the punny play on words to have "mew" in the name, plus my guy really looks like a Bartholemew to me. Nonetheless, I have now settled on the name "Bruno" for a multitude of international designers-- Bruno Schiavi of Australia, Bruno Pieters from Brussels, and Bruno Basso from Brazil.

B is for Bruno,
who, from this day hereby,pledged to never be seen
without his bowtie!
You may have caught a glance at this kitty in my Kickstarter video or the image I initially posted on the campaign page, but I decided that I wasn't quite happy with that initial incarnation so eyes and whiskers have been recently modified to spice him up a little. I might add a boutonniere as well, so don't be surprised if you see that in the book!

Bruno is a Bengal Cat, which is a breed that looks a lot like a leopard.  I still have to write the very last part of the text on this page, so I'll include that breed name there.

 I loved getting to paint his fancy shoes, similar to my Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker from Alphabird!
I'm honored to be Kickstarter's featured publishing project today and am crossing my fingers that it will bring me closer to hitting the 75% mark today.....only $270 away from that milestone!  Thank all of you who have helped me get this far in only five days and I can't wait to show you the next eight kitties that I plan to present in the next week!  If you haven't pledged yet, what are you waiting for? Click here to be my valentine by helping me hit 75%!
Have a great weekend!
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment