Sunday

The Little Foxes Bandanna!

Hello Beautiful People! 
Thank you all so much for your quick response to my latest Kickstarter project: Little Foxes. I'm over 60% funded already, which is nice!
This update is to discuss the design of the $25 bandana reward a little better. I'm really excited to have this component with the project because I'm a huge advocate of using soft cotton hankies over kleenex and love my personal collection. I designed my first bandanna a little over 20 years ago in one of my first classes at Oregon College of Art and Craft. I'm guessing this was a reject because I notice that the registration is a little off. I think this was my idea of a feminist design...or something like that....

 The bandannas I'm making for the Kickstarter reward will be printed differently. I'm going to use a company called Spoonflower to print the fabric--I've had great success with them in the past doing tea towels and other fabrics. Here's a little mockup of the direction I'm thinking--to take the classic paisley design but foxify it:

 Please remember this is only a sketch--I'll make sure the background is perfectly aligned, etc. but the idea is still there to use photos of the orange fox figures to create a complex repeating pattern in the spirit of the classic bandanna. 
The way I have my rewards set up, the bandanna is a separate thing, but if anyone who is already pledging for original fox artwork wants to add $25 to their pledge, they can also get a bandanna! 
I'll be back in a few days to show you some fox sketches to whet your appetites for the 100 original foxes I'll start working on this week! Thanks again to everyone who pledged! If you haven't pledged but want to grab one of these sweet bandannas, click here!
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment