day 2: shake a tail feather

Working with a found object is a big challenge, especially one that's hollow and not especially well-made in the first place. I got the legs glued up last night and all the parts are made. Today's agenda: pinning, screwing, and gluing all these pieces together so I can start painting tomorrow. I know I will feel a lot more relaxed about it after the next stage, when I attach the head and tail feathers. This project reminds me so much of why I love working with solid wood! (Note to self: next time, make the guitar body too!)

Here's the beast all laid out again--I think I like this tail feather configuration better. And I found some flowers I made for another abandoned project that I'm going to add to the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment