Sunday

chickadee or chicken?

Hello Beautiful People!
As promised, I have my completed Chickadee brothers, complete with cymbals and cowbell for the C page of my book. Here they are in all their glory:

Cute, but.......last night I was faced with an interesting dilemma while talking over the book with my cousin and art confidante Tripper Dungan. He asked why I hadn't picked chickens for the C letter, noting that they are a very beloved bird. I think I picked chickadee because it's such a comical name, but I agree that it would be a great addition to the rest of the flock. I have other songbirds, but R will be Raven (so not rooster) and there's no way H could be Hen and not Hummingbird.
My plan is to make a pair of chickens this week to see which I like better.
What do you think? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments to this post. 
In other news, I'm still inching towards the 50% mark for my fundraising. Do you have a bird-loving friend you can share my project with? I'd be ever so grateful if you could help spread the word. There are easy social media links on the Alphabird page on Kickstarter. Thank you so much!
Dodo and Egret are in progress......I'll check back later this week when I have something new to show you. 
take care my little chickadees,
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment