Sunday

S is for Sushiphant!

Hey Kids! Do you know what time it is? It's time to meet the newest members of the Elephabet Book, Sushiphant!

It was hard to stop making work for this letter. First of all, I LOVE sushi, and second of all, I LOOOOOVE sushi, and third of all, I LOOOOOOOVE making sushi-inspired elephants! I didn't necessarily pick my favorite types of sushi here, opting for the more iconic ingredients. Above is wasabiphant, who is little, but we all know that a little goes a long way with this guy inspired by wasabi. He is very tiny, so the price might even be less than $45.

Here's Tobikophant, who is sporting three different colors of this yummy crunchy roe. The pattern painted on his lower regions is a funky tribute to painted Japanese porcelain dishware. Tobikophant will probably cost around $100.


Moving over to nigiri-style sushi for a bit, I really had fun with the design of these next three: Sakephant (salmon,) Ebiphant (shrimp,) and Tamagophant (egg.) Note the subtle rice pattern on their white bodies. These were considerably more labor, so will cost between $100 and $150.




And, last but not least, I present Futomakiphant. He will be priced around $75.

Want first dibs on these babies when they hit my Etsy shop this fall? Click here and join my Kickstarter campaign to publish my Elephabet Book, and your wish can come true in a few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment