Sunday

we are the champions....my beautiful people!


Hey there beautiful people!  
I want to start by saying a modest YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!!!!!!!!!! HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, bear with me now because you're about to absorb a lot of information: yesterday at 3:06 PM PST while I was on a cross-trainer at my gym, I received notice that my high school math teacher made the pledge that put me over the top for my Kickstarter goal. How serendipitous is that?  SHE DID THE MATH!  Wow. Aren't numbers fun?
So now I can painlessly present to you the final-ISH installment of my club series. I added that non-commital suffix onto the word final because I am trying to resolve that pesky Dalecarlian Horse, and I still want to ponder a bit more on what the final club critter will be, so this update will bring us up to 11 of the 13 in the suit. The good news is that I'm certain that I'll be able to show you the entire diamond suit characters before this Kickstarter has ended in 7+ short days.
First, we have Jin Chan, the lucky frog for achieving Kickstarter goals. Okay, really, Jin Chan is that frog you see in a lot of restaurants that's got a Chinese coin in his mouth, bringing in the prosperity like his amigo Maneki-neko. I made my own version and used one of the flower patterns seen as a detail on the classic rider version of the Bicycle deck. 


Next, there's the unicorn, a figure I've made a lot in my day, but I tried to give this one some extra special love. 


The last one I'll show you today is William the hippo. This has been a lifelong favorite of mine, as my parents had a replica of this happy Egyptian plant eater when I was a wee little one. I am sure that sculpture was a big influence on me, so I had to include it in the deck.



So for tonight, I bid you a fond farewell, but will be back very soon because I've already gotten a very good start on the land critters for the diamond suit and can't wait to show you!  A big thanks again to everyone who's supported my project. If you're still on the fence about supporting this project, you only have a short amount of time to grab a deck for only ten bucks!
take care,
Hil-Chan the lucky art frog

No comments:

Post a Comment